When we think of detox, we usually think of detox drinks or colon cleansers. But you can also detox your body by taking care of the most important external organ, your skin! Did you know that our skin is called the “Third kidney”? It is called the third kidney because our skin’s primary function is to get rid of toxins. So one of the best ways to detox our skin is to use a Dry brush. That’s right! this bad boy can detox your skin from outside-in.
The dry brush method has been used for thousands of years by Greeks, then Japanese and American Indians. They used dry corn cobs to brush off dead cells on their skin. According to researchers, dry brushing with a corn cob was their secret for longevity.
Dry brushing involves using a brush or any rough material that can take off dead skin cells. Here’s what else dry brushing is good for:
DRY BRUSHING BENEFITS:
- Accelerates toxin elimination
- Stimulates blood flow and circulation
- Improve digestion & Kidney Function
- Reduces cellulite by redistributing Fat cells
- Unclog pores
- Stimulate Your Nervous System
- Enhances lymphatic flow
- Exfoliates & Remove dead skin
- Anti-aging through cell regeneration
- Polishes skin
- Stimulating both the sweat and sebaceous glands
HOW TO DRY BRUSH THE SKIN:
Use a natural bristle brush with a long handle, so you can reach each part of your body. You can also use a loofah sponge, gloves, or a dry face cloth.
- Start brushing your feet then upward your legs. (Brushing the front and back of your legs.)
- Then, once you reach your abdomen area always brush towards the direction of your heart. Use brisk circular motions or strokes.
- After you finish brushing your abdomen and chest go up your neck and down your arms, back and buttock area. ( do not dry brush your face since your face is very sensitive.)
- Remember to brush lightly on sensitive areas like your breasts and soles of the feet.
Note: You can dry brush before or after a shower. Most women dry brush in the morning, since toxins build up when we are sleeping. After brushing it is recommended to drink eight glasses of filtered water because water also help remove toxins. In addition to drinking eight glasses of water, you should massage your skin with pure oils. Like almond, avocado, olive, cocoa butter or coconut. This will help keep your skin hydrated.
Dry brushing is not recommended for pregnant women or women with sores and sensitive skin. For everyone else, purchase a dry brush at your local beauty supply store and practice this skin care regimen 5-6 times per week for 5-10 mins, to get faster results.
SELF LOVE IS TAKING CARE OF YOUR SKIN