“New Age Practitioners” are just one of the many names given to those that practice alternative therapies. However, these practices are far from new age. The belief that crystals possess vibrational qualities goes back thousands of years. Believed to be a gift from the gods, symbolizing wealth and prosperity, crystals and gemstones have served as protective amulets. Judy Hall, author of the book 101 Power Crystals, says, “The key is to find a crystal that is attuned to your own personal energy or that raises your energetic resonance to ensure well-being and expand your consciousness.”
- Red stones symbolize energy. Inner Strength. Passion. It is linked to the reproductive system and helps with inflammatory conditions.
- Yellow and Gold reflects the balance between where you are and where you want to be. It reflects a distorted self-image. It involves your sense of belonging, self-esteem, and emotional balance, stimulating your mental and nervous systems.
- Orange represents your sense of morality. It is a source for creativity and prosperity. When there is an imbalance, things such as addiction and intimacy issues can be manifested.
- Green is associated with the heart and eyes, symbolizing love, empathy, forgiveness, and compassion. It is calming and when an imbalance is present, feelings such as fear and hate emerge.
- Blue or turquoise is linked to the throat and represents self-expression through mediums of writing and speaking. Speaking your truth is tied with these colors.
- Indigo represents wisdom and self-reflection. Spiritual direction. Open-mindedness. It is the color of the ‘Third Eye,’ which influences the ability to see clearly.
Choose By Shape:
- Geodes are spherically shaped with a surprise inside. Their cave-like structures are hollow, sometimes consisting of several different colors at once. They provide protection and encourage spiritual growth.
- Palm stones are flat and tactile, designed to fit in the palm of your hand. Carry one in your purse and use throughout the day-to-day moments.
- Sphere/Ball stones are shaped like they sound. This classic stone represents unity and a sense of being whole. Connected to the nature of our complete self, they bring balance to mind, body, and spirit. They produce power from all directions and have and are especially linked to the power of intuition.
- Cluster stones have various points jutting out from a matrix. They are for grounding oneself and bringing awareness of the bigger picture. They can be empowered to ward off negative energy. These stones vibrate at an especially high energy.
- Points are some of the most commonly known and widely used stones for their focused powers. They emit your intentions directly into the universe. These stones are also called wands. When you point them towards your body, it channels positive energy inwards.
Deciding which stone to begin with doesn’t have to be reduced to just one. Start with two or three that align closely with your goals and intentions. When shopping for crystals, allow your hands to feel several and choose the one that zaps out at your fingertips- one that you connects with you instantly. This doesn’t always happen, but it does. Before you can select by color or shape, you must know the imbalances you are facing and what you want to manifest.