Rose water is a liquid made from water and rose petals that are mainly used as a perfume, but you can also drink it.
6 Reasons to drink rose water
- Rose water is said to relieve depression and improve mood.
- Rose water helps calm nerves.
- Rose water helps get rid of colds, flu, and sore throats.
- Rose water help relieve digestion problems like bloating, upset tummy and constipation.
Rose water, has anti-aging properties to help with skin aging. It reduces wrinkles, lightening dark spots and tightening pores.
- Rose water hydrate the skin from the inside.
- Fresh roses that are pesticide-free, grown in a garden you’re familiar with like a friend or family member.
- A large pot
- Distilled water
- A small heat-safe bowl (For pure rose water)
- Thoroughly clean the roses by, filling a bowl with ice cold water and shake the flowers around in the water to make sure there are no bugs flying around. Then pick off the petals.
- Pour the contents through a strainer and wash the petals again.
- Then pat dry the petals.
- Place the rose petals in a pot and pour in just enough water to cover the petals. Too much water will dilute the rose water, we don’t want that. .
- Then cover with a lid and let it simmer until the petals lose color.
For pure rose water, place the heat safe bowl on top of the petals, and cover the pot with a lid. As the petals simmer, steam will collect on the lid of the pot and drip into the bowl, which is considered pure rose water.
- Once the petals lose color(when it gets lighter) carefully remove the bowl and leave to cool. Then transfer the rose water to a glass bottle or jar.
- Add cucumbers or lemon (optional)