Do we really want to come home after a long cold work day and cook a full course meal? absolutely not and fast food isn’t always an option. We get it, that’s why we got your back! This black bean vegetable soup is tasty, healthy and versatile. You can have it with tortilla chips or a slice of wheat bread.
- 2cups of dried black beans
- 32fluid ounces of vegetable broth
- 1large onion, chopped up
- 4cloves garlic, chopped up
- 2cups of water
- 1large potatoes chopped up ( red potatoes are better)
- 14 1⁄2fluid ounces canned plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2teaspoon of dried thyme
- 3⁄4teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1cup of fresh corn
- 1large carrot, chopped up
- 1large sweet red pepper, chopped up
- 2large celery rib, chopped up
- 4large green onions, chopped up
- Soak black beans in water then drain and rinse before using.
- In a large saucepan add 1/2 cup of vegetable broth, chopped onion, and chopped garlic and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Stir in black beans; add 2 cups of water, diced potato, crushed plum tomatoes, thyme, cumin, corn, and the rest of the vegetable broth; return to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped carrots, red peppers, chopped celery, for an additional 5 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- You can also use canned black beans to speed up the process.
- Once it is done, to spice it up serve with tortilla chips on top.